Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Memory Verse

Hello Everyone,

 It is nice to take a little break this morning and give you the new memory verse for the month of May! This month the verse is coming from Proverbs.

"Let your eyes look straight ahead;
fix your gaze directly before you"
Proverbs 4:25 NIV

I have this verse on a sticky note on the wall next to my desk at work.  Sometimes we get so distracted by our issues, drama, other peoples issues and drama, work problems, spouse problems, kid problems and then our own personal problems.  With all of these issues and problems we take our eyes off of the mark (goal) we are supposed to be running towards.  What is the goal you say?  

"Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself to have taken hold of it.  
But one thing I do, forgetting what is behind and straining towards what is ahead.
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me
heavenward in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 3:13-14 NIV

The goal is to live our lives for Christ Jesus!  To push to be more like Him.  To follow His commands and teachings.  To obey God.  These are the life goals of a Christian.  Our prize is in heaven so we must keep pressing (praying, living right, working for the Lord) until we get there.  I encourage you to read the entire 3rd chapter of the book of Philippians to help you better understand what Paul is talking about and to help you know what you are running for.  Be Blessed!

Much Love To You All!

Jamison

No comments: