Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Don't Drown In Your Own Desires

The term SELF generally refers to a focus on the needs or desires (interests) of oneself (Wikipedia). Self will oftentimes focus on things that matter to them such as "when will I see him/her again, when will I get married, why did I not receive a call from him/her, when will I have kids?" These are only a few thoughts that tend to plague the SELFish mind of us all. Yes, I said all. If you have never experienced this type of anxiety, please let me know, lol...Readers, if you look closely within these questions, you'll see the "I" being utilized multiple times. Why is this? Revisit the first line and you shall see.  Luke 9:23 clearly states, "And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me."  So what if you'll never see or hear from him/her again; obtain the the house on the hill with a white, picket fence; or have any children to tend after? Would you still doubt God's faithfulness? We better not! God isn't punishing us nor does HE wants us to dwell on the 'have nots'. Instead He said in 1Peter 5:7, "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."  Brothers and Sisters, begin to forget about yourself, concentrate on HIM and worship Christ our Lord.

During the "wee" hours of the morning, God dropped this subject on my heart. And I'm thankful for that! Honestly, this message was an eye opener for me and Lord I am sorry. If this message has convicted you in anyway, don't ignore, begin to repent now and ask Him to strengthen you as you walk daily with Him. Re-direct your focus, attention, needs and desires on HIM, not man. If you'll be obedient, patient and faithful He will diligently reward you.

Be Blessed is my prayer!



Love,


Chaquita






1 comment:

Jamison said...

Thank you Chaquita for sharing what God put on your heart. Right on time my friend.