Saturday, April 24, 2010

Is Your Power Out!

Ok! So this morning I turned on the tv to watch QVC before starting the day. It was storming to beat the band outside and I could hear the hail hitting my window. Then in the blink of an eye my power all of a sudden went out. The rain and hail got louder so I picked up Gizmo, who is very afraid of storms like many dogs, and went downstairs to be on the safe side.

With my power off for most of the day, I was bored out of my mind so I began dusting. Which means I was really bored. LOL!!!! Even Gizmo looked sad and frustrated because he was holding it. He will not go outside in the rain regardless of how long it has been since he last handled business. Silly dog but I love him.

Then it hit me. When we are out of God's will and living contrary to His word our power is then out. We pray and it seems like our prayer is not getting through. We call ourselves living the life but what comes out is not Christ like at all. We speak but our words have no substance to back them up. We tell our mountain(issues) to move but it stays right there. Why? Because we have lost power. We are no longer connected to our power source.

How do we get reconnected? First, repent of the things in your life that you are doing that are not pleasing to God. Make a new start! It is never to late. Second, get into God's word. Read it everyday, even if it is just a couple of verses. What is in you will come out so word in word out. Third, do for others. When you take time to help others your brain is not focusing on you or your issue. Hmmmm.

Get reconnected to your power source Jesus Christ. Through Him we can do ALL THINGS!

Love Ya,
Jamison

1 comment:

chaquita said...

Good Evening, Jamison!

So thankful for this post:)...We truly have to study God's Word, daily. If we choose to miss out on 'our daily bread', there are going to be attacks coming from the north, east, south and west.
Sadly, when this happens we hear how Christians discuss these attacks and not being spiritually equipped to speak against those things that are not of God. It's like 2 Timothy 2:15 says, "study to show thyself approved".

Which reminds me, I need to get in my word...lol

Have a great evening!