Thursday, April 22, 2010

Are You An Ant?

Ok. When was the last time that you thought about the parable of the ant.

"Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:
Which having no guide, overseer or ruler,
Provideth her meet in the summer, and gatherth her food in the
harvest". Proverbs 6: 6-8 KJV

Yesterday a lady asked how could she pray for me. First I was shocked that she asked and then stumped by what I needed to ask her to pray for. Not that I don't need prayer but that nothing stood out. So, I said, "Pray for God's guidance in my life". So the lady prayed for me and that was that.

Then this morning I was listening to Pastor Adrian Rogers with Love Worth Finding, I am so glad they still play his sermons, and he was talking about prosprity. Then he went to Proverbs 6:6-8. WAMM! Right between the eyes that scripture hit me. Not that we don't need God's guidance we all do. But we should still be like the ant. Working and making preperation for the future (fall and winter) while it is summer

Are you getting ready for your future. We need to get about doing what we know we are supposed to be doing without sitting around and waiting for a guide, overseer or ruler. If we are saved then we have Christ in us, then all we have to do is, Get To It and Do It! So ask yourself, am I an Ant!

Much Love,
Jamison

No comments: