Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Desire, Drive and Discipline

Hello All!

I wanted to share with you all something a dear woman shared with me today. She said that she is seeking God to help her with the three D's. Desire, Drive and Discipline.

She talked about the things she desires to do for God and to have in life for herself and her family. She talked about increasing her drive. Working towards those goals everyday. Then lastly she mentioned the discipline. This week she started getting up at 4am to have devotion and to start her day early.

While she was telling me all of this I began to think, I like the sound of that! There are things I desire to do for the Lord and desire to have. I need to work on achieving those goals a little bit everyday. Even if only for 30 minutes a day. But most of all I need to work on the discipline. The only thing getting me out of bed at 4am is Gizmo the Wonder dog needing to go outside. LOL!

Anyway, we all have to focus on the desires, drive, discipline in our lives. The only way we can achieve those 3 things day in and day out is by keeping God first.

Matthew 6:33
"But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you".


Love ya,
Jamison

No comments: